Saturday, November 20, 2010

Travel, family & friends

This blog was intended to be started when we first set out on this trip in October 2010, so I guess that there is some catching up to do.
This trip was initially planned so that we could attend the Port Maquarie motorhome rally starting 11th October thru to the 18th October 2010.
I was also wanting to meet two new cousins that I have found thru my research of the Bennett/ Stein family, and catch up with Kevins 1st cousin whom he had not seen for some years.
Prior to our departure Kevins sister had also contacted us requesting Kevins help on or after the 18th November, and we had agreed to continue on following the coastline down to Victoria and then up to Melbourne.
Getting on the road took some doing.
I had hoped that we would leave around mid day on Friday the 1st October as we were due in Murwillimbah at lunch time on Sunday the 3rd.
We were still packing up the slide on camper and the trailer at 6pm on Sat (2nd) night. We had dinner and  an early night as I wanted to be on the road no later than 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment