Next thing I hear Kevin stirring and stating that "SOMEONE aught to go out and rescue the doggies" He rolled out of bed and pulled on some shorts, opened the door and that's when we realised just how much it had rained. Toby was shoulder deep in water and Tuppy up to her tummy.
I grabbed our towels and Kev passed them inside. I rubbed Toby down and nursed him for some time till he settled down and stopped shaking. We settled the dogs on the towels on the mat and headed back to the bed. We lay awake for some time discussing our options, I was worried about the possibility of electrocution if Kev tried to disconnect the power from the power box, we finally fell asleep.
BANG, Bang, Bang!
GET OUT NOW!!!!
What a "wake up call" that was!
It was the caretaker announcing that the water was rising and we had to get out while we could.It was 3am!, dark, wet and the water was now up to the draw bar on the trailer.
The caretaker had opened the gate nearest to where we were camped and we had to make our way out under torch and headlights. Kev drove and I walked ahead to test the depth. We made it to the road, what a night!
What to do next?
Doug suggested we follow him and he took us into town and the shopping centre car park. A cup of hot chocolate and back to bed.
We awoke about 8am and started the process of drying everything out, thank goodness it was a public holiday in NSW and we basically had the car park to ourselves.
By this time I had been suffering a bad bout of hives and was REALLY itching so I took a couple of Phenergan, bad thing!!! I was out to it for 2-3 hours.
When I woke I thought I had better ring Elaine and let them know how we were. As I was looking up the phone No. they drove up beside us, afternoon tea together.
Before leaving they suggested that we go out to Uki and camp beside the river, high and dry.
We packed up and went out to check out the site, beautiful!, sorry we did not go there the night before.
No comments:
Post a Comment